I am living life with 7 street boys (ages 18-22) in Mombasa, Kenya.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

job or lack there of

so i've been a little worried about telling my company, The Revere Group that i'm planning on leaving my career (which in turn means leaving them) for my new endeavour. i wasn't too sure what to expect from them. i'm currently working on a project, so i thought they had to keep me around at least long enough to train the next guy on what i was doing.

i actually have two bosses - one for my department, one for my project. so last week, i talked to the head honcho of my deparment, and told him of my departure. to my amazement, he was very supportive my me leaving the company to "do something good for this world". what a blessing. now that was off my chest, but still left telling my project manager. i was a bit more afraid of how he would react. so this week, my head honcho boss and myself had a phone conference with my project manager. i was a bit nervous going into the meeting. at first, it seemed like he blew us off, seeing how he didn't answer his phone, nor call us back until 30 minutes after our scheduled meeting. nonetheless, we got a hold of him, and to my surprise, he was even more supportive of my department boss. he told me how he thinks this is a very noble thing for me to leave my job/career, to help those less fortunate.

and my company is going to keep me as an employee, but just as an "inactive" employee. therefore i could come back to Revere, without much hassle.

man, so God has blessed me once again. He has shown that there is nothing to worry because this He has all of this under control.

on a separate note - i emailed carly and valerie about a friend who was interested in coming down and working w/ us. and here's the email reply back from carly:

"And, about your friend, that is great! But right now we wont be opening up any more opportunites for other people to come. We have had a number of people ask to come, but have not felt the Lord say yes. We did feel that for you, and that was a stretch for us even because we are just still in baby state"

man, talk about confirmation. i just felt really affirmed about my decision of going to Africa. of all the other people that have inquired, some whom i'm sure are more qualified than i am, the Lord gave them a peace of mind about me and my situation, and has opened many doors for me to go down there. what a great feeling.

1 comment:

  1. When you aspire to do something, the whole world turns around for you. What you are doing is a truly admirable act for a noble cause, I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete