I am living life with 7 street boys (ages 18-22) in Mombasa, Kenya.

Monday, June 22, 2009

kenya preparation

so my time in gaylord mi was spent in preparation for my upcoming trip.  although it wasn't exactly what i was expecting, it definitely was a great time for me.  i was able to minister and meet those who were going on the short terms missions trip.  i also got to know better Whitney Cerak and Sandra Sepulvada, who are going to be there for a more "medium-term" stint.

the preparation entailed for us was a little bit of cultural preparation and do's and don't's, but mostly it was spiritual and mental preparation.  we learned a lot about Islam, and their culture.  we also talked alot about getting our hearts inline with God, and allowing Him to work through us while we are there to minister to everyone we meet.

there's still a lot of processing that needs to be done on my side.  so hopefully it'll come out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment