I am living life with 7 street boys (ages 18-22) in Mombasa, Kenya.

Friday, July 3, 2009

last day of work

yesterday was my last day of work.  a very bittersweet day.  i will definitely miss working at The Revere Group, but am excited that my focus is starting to turn towards getting ready for Kenya.  a week left in the Windy City (not refering to the Korean Reggae band Windy City).  within the next week, i need to pack up my whole house, and hopefully have some time to enjoy the summer in the City with Laci.

as for preparation, i met up with Tom Smillie the other week (a fellow Taylor University '07 alum) who works at Tyndale Publishers.  he graciously donated some Bibles and reading materials for both the kids we'll be working with, and also for us (Carly, Valerie and Rachel). 

3 comments:

  1. We are excited for you and praying for a fun full month as you prepare to leave. Oh, and a smooth tranisition too *) I am sure that would be a good thing too :-)
    Cory and Barbara Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, I met with Valerie a few weeks ago and she told me you'll be joining them for a time. I am so excited for you and I think you will be a huge asset to what they are accomplishing. I am praying for you, them, and all that goes on there, and for Laci. Anxious to read about everything!
    Brittany (Harty) Webb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon, I sent something to your home church today. Wish I was able to send more, but know that I will be praying for you and looking forward to some awesome blog entries. :) Also, I am currently reading Victory Over The Darkness- Realizing the power of your identity in Christ by Neil Anderson. Thought of you as I read your entry about identity. A great book for those who are just beginning to realize who they are as a child of the Most High God. I think you might be able to draw some insights from it and relay them on to those you will be serving. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete