I am living life with 7 street boys (ages 18-22) in Mombasa, Kenya.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

waiting...

so here i am sitting in the charlotte douglas international airport.  the reality of it all is setting in.  i'm still in a daze i think.  i've been super busy the past month and a half with packing and moving, spending time w/ friends, family and laci, vacationing in williamsburg, splitting my time in NC between Charlotte and High Point.  there hasn't been much breathing room for me, so hopefully the 30-some hour travel time will give me some time to reflect on this new adventure, and prepare myself (as much as i can) for what's about to happen.  i'll be waiting here at the charlotte airport.  then i've got an 8-hour layover in newark, only to jump onto two 8-hour flights.  waiting.  patience.  i have a feeling that i'm going to be doing this alot during my time in kenya.  hurry up - to only wait.

patience is one of those things i struggle with.  externally, i may seem to have it together.  internally, i get angry quickly (frustrated even quicker).  hopefully God will use all this time to teach me some patience, and more reliance on Him through the tough times and the easy times as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment