I am living life with 7 street boys (ages 18-22) in Mombasa, Kenya.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

one week.

one week from today i will be headed off to mombasa for the next six months of my life.  it's a bittersweet feeling that i have.  

on one hand, i'm excited to:
  • go help out car and val with their orphanage
  • meet the young men in their house, as they're excited to meet me as well
  • travel the world and experience other cultures
  • see how God is planning to use me during my time there, not only to minister and to encourage, but also to learn and grow in my relationship w/ Christ
  • be building relationships that will have a lasting impact
  • not "working"
on the other hand, i'm nervous about:
  • leading and being a role model for the young men living in the house (car and val are continually letting me know more and more roles they see me fitting into!)
  • seeing how God is going to use and grow me during my time there and afterwards
  • my future afterwards (although God has definitely been showing me His faithfulness and letting me know that my future is definitely in His hands)
  • my relationship with Laci (it'll be a challenging 6 months of perseverance and patience)
  • the hot weather (as i'm not the biggest fan of it)
  • mosquitoes - i hate those cheeky buggers
  • no motorcycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment