I am living life with 7 street boys (ages 18-22) in Mombasa, Kenya.

Monday, July 27, 2009

prayer

as my time here in the states dwindles down, there's still so much for me to process and prepare for as i leave for kenya.  here are a few things you can be praying for during my time in mombasa.  (these are more general prayer requests.  hopefully when i get down there, and spend some time w/ the boys, i'll have more specifics on what you can pray for)

  • God's protection, both physically and spiritually - that the attacks of Satan will be thwarted, not only for me, but for the orphanage (Rapha House of Prayer - which means Healing House of Prayer)
  • God's patience and strength and boldness as I encounter a culture that is inundated with all sorts of religion - from Islam, to apathy, to making their own
  • I will be able to step into my role, not only as a "big brother", but also as an administrator/organizer smoothly and without any hesitation from my part
  • I will constantly be renewed and filled with joy from spending time in the Word

1 comment:

  1. Brandon

    We will be praying for you and your family as you leave. No worries for your parents =) since I am one =) I understand.
    God is going to stretch you in new ways and you may question your being there sometimes... just remember not to question in darkness what God showed you in the light. You are going to do a great job and grow greatly and give hope to children! Yeah! We will be praying.

    Cory and Barbara

    ReplyDelete